Thursday, February 9, 2012

Weather Observations 2/9/2012

Clear skies this morning as I walked to school kept the temperatures a bit chilly if you were outside this morning.  S-SW Winds observed as I walked east past the Holiday on Water St.  Wind blowing at 5 - 10mph.  Cloud cover 0%.  Temperature as of 7:15AM was 19.6 F.  Barometric pressure declined overnight from 30.5 inches to 30.2 inches in Hg.  A lower pressure system was observed on a couple different weather websites.
As you can see from this current fronts map that I used from Weather Underground there is also a high pressure system to our south.  I would expect winds to stay coming out of the S/SW if these conditions remain the same.  I would also expect the intensity of winds to increase if the stationary Low seen to the north starts moving south.

No comments:

Post a Comment